expertise at work
expertise at work
Sec Arbeidsrecht Advocaten (hereinafter referred to as “Sec” or “us” or “we”) respects your privacy and processes personal data as a data controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
- what personal data we collect and how;
- for what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- how your personal data is protected;
- the rights you have as data subject;
- how you can contact us.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data that we process may include:
- Basic information such as your first and last name, prefix, title;
- Contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address and phone number;
- Data related to your visit to our website;
- Data related to the device you use to visit our website, such as an IP address;
- Any other personal data relating to you which you may provide us or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
We collect this personal data because you provided this data to us. For example, you may provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by entering your data on our website or by applying for a job. We may also collect your personal data from other sources, such as local counsel, counterparties, the Trade Register, or by using publicly available sources.
Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data
Sec may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our legal services;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For marketing and business development activities, such as news updates, invitations for our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To generate statistics regarding the use of the website and/or to analyse and improve the website.
We will process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest;
- Your consent.
Sharing with others
In some cases we may share your personal data with third parties. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Third parties relevant to the legal services that we provide, such as counterparties, local counsel, courts, regulatory authorities and governmental institutions;
- Third parties that we engage with, such as supervisory authorities and other bodies, in order to comply with legal obligations;
Doorgifte van uw persoonsgegevens naar bovenstaande derde partijen geschiedt alleen voor de in dit Privacybeleid genoemde doeleinden en uitsluitend op basis van de in dit Privacybeleid vermelde grondslagen.
Derden aan wie wij uw persoonsgegevens verstrekken zijn zelf verantwoordelijk voor de naleving van de privacywetgeving. Sec is niet verantwoordelijk noch aansprakelijk voor de verwerking van uw persoonsgegevens door deze derden. Voor zover een derde uw persoonsgegevens verwerkt in de hoedanigheid van een verwerker van Sec, sluit Sec met een dergelijke derde een verwerkersovereenkomst af die aan de in de AVG omschreven vereisten voldoet.
Third parties to whom we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. Sec is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a data processor of Sec, Sec will conclude a processor agreement with such party that meets the requirements set out in the GDPR.
To be able to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside of the European Economic Area. In that case, Sec will ensure that the data transfer is compliant with the applicable law.
Our website is secured with an SSL Certificate. All data exchanges through our website will be secured by using SSL-security, based on the HTTPS protocol. Data left on our website by filling in a form will be stored in Wordpress.
Sec has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. If you have any questions regarding the security of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You, as a data subject, have a number of legal rights:
- Right of access. This means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse your request for access to copies of personal data, for example based on legal professional privilege;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
The right to erasure of the personal data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- The right to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
The right to object to profiling;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- The right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you need further information or have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing via: email@example.com